‘Présentation de l’Avant-projet de Plan National pour un Développement Durable’
Thursday 27th September 2018
Team members attended the presentation of the national plan for sustainable development (Présentation du projet de Plan National pour un Développement Durable), organised by the Ministre de l’Environnement, Carole Dieschbourg, the Ministre des Finances, Pierre Gramegna, and the Ministre de la Coopération et de l’Aide humanitaire, Romain Schneider.
The national plan for sustainable development follows the United Nations program ‘Transforming our world, sustainable development agenda by 2030’ (2030 Agenda) and developed in discussion with civil society and private sector actors during several workshops.
The 2030 Agenda integrates the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development. The draft of the National Plan for Sustainable Development outlines ten fields of action:
- Ensuring social inclusion and education for all
- Ensuring conditions for a healthy population
- Promoting sustainable consumption and production
- Diversifying and ensuring an inclusive and future-oriented economy
- Planning and coordinating land use
- Ensuring sustainable mobility
- Stopping the degradation of our environment and respect the capacities of natural resources
- Protecting the climate, adapting to climate change and ensuring sustainable energy
- Contributing, on a global level, to the eradication of poverty and to the coherence of policies for sustainable development
- Guaranteeing sustainable finances